We believe that Christian life is lived in relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and in common with other Christians in the church seeking to deepen that relationship and to follow the way that Jesus taught.
For Christians, God is understood and known as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Father – God is love, caring for creation and for every human being as God’s beloved child.
- Son – God is as he has revealed himself to be in the historical person of Jesus Christ. Jesus’ life, death and resurrection holds the key to knowing and loving God, and to making sense of life, before and after death.
- Holy Spirit – God is alive, loving and active today, inspiring faith, justice and truth, sustaining the life of the world, giving spiritual gifts to the church and bearing his spiritual fruit in the world – changed lives and a transformed society.
The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Christ and to live out its discipleship in worship and mission
It does this through:
- WORSHIP – The Church exists to increase awareness of God’s presence and to celebrate God’s love
- LEARNING & CARING – The Church exists to help people to grow and learn as Christians, through mutual support and care
- SERVICE – The Church exists to be a good neighbour to people in need and to challenge injustice
- EVANGELISM – The Church exists to make more followers of Jesus Christ